We believe that a greater appreciation of the needs of both the client and the company can only lead to a smoother completion of the contract, and a mutually beneficial business relationship.  With this in mind we have compiled a question and answer list below.

How much will a survey cost?

Please contact us to find out our charges.

When can Central Conservation undertake a survey for me?

Usually within 48 hours of your phone call.

How long will the survey take?

Around 30 to 45 minutes on average.

If I am happy with your survey and report what are the procedures in arranging for the work to be carried out?

Telephone our offices at your convenience and our staff will be happy to book a work date and address any queries you may have.

Are any chemicals used dangerous or toxic?

All chemicals used are approved under the Health & Safety Executive, and subject to stringent scrutiny under the Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH) regulations.

What happens if when you start work at my property extra work is found to be necessary?

Our surveyor will visit the property to ascertain the extent and costs of any extra works, this will be passed onto you before any further works are undertaken.

How can I be sure of getting a comprehensive service and work completed to the highest standard of quality?

We are main contractors to many Housing Associations, Local Authorities and large commercial companies. Such organisations have very high standards of expectations from their contractors. This is a record that we are rightly very proud of. See our customer comments page.

Do Central Conservation guarantee their work?

All damp proofing and timber treatment works come with Central Conservation's own fully comprehensive guarantee, plus the option of an independant insurance backed guarantee.

Why do I need an insurance backed guarantee?

An independent insurance backed guarantee will give you extra peace of mind and is also now highly recommended by mortgage lenders.

What happens if I sell my house?

It is possible to transfer your guarantee to the new owners of the property. Please contact us for further information.

Are Central Conservation members of the BWPDA / PCA?

Yes, we are. Membership of the British Wood Preserving & Damp Proofing Association (BWPDA / PCA) insures that Central Conservation are accredited to the highest level of workmanship and company procedures. Many mortgage lenders insist on only instructing a company with BWPDA membership.

What will my survey report contain?

It will contain our recommendations for any remedial works that may be required, plus their associated costs. Central Conservation's report will also contain details of any other relevant ancillary works to be carried out by others.

I am worried about answering my door to someone I have never seen before, how can Central Conservation reassure me on this count?

When your survey is booked with us, we will inform you of the surveyor's name. Upon arrival at your property the surveyor who will be in an Central Conservation sign written vehicle, will be required to produce their company ID card for you.

How can we at Central Conservation help you?

Telephone, e-mail or fax us and let us know – we are here to help you.


Visit main site for detailed information

Request Survey